Dream On envisions a world where freedom from slavery is an indomitable right from birth and access to basic human rights paves the way toward fulfillment of dreams and aspirations.
To combat gender-based violence and human trafficking and the underlying causes using a culturally sensitive community-based approach.
In support of our mission, Dream On:
- Raises awareness about human trafficking for sexual exploitation and commercial labor, as well as all other forms of modern-day slavery.
- Collaborates with civil society and governmental stakeholders to create long-lasting and sustainable solutions including creation of infrastructure, drafting and implementation of effective policy and a nationwide awareness/education on human trafficking and its underlying causes.
- Empowers children and youth to combat human trafficking and curb the demand for such practices in their society.
- Works on precedent setting human rights abuse cases and sets standards to be followed, as well as sends a clear message to perpetrators that they will be prosecuted.
- Sets holistic and culturally sensitive standards for victim aftercare.
- Implements community health programs to address the underlying causes that contribute to human trafficking and human rights abuses.
- Provides educational/training opportunities to vulnerable children and survivors of GBV and human trafficking through the tertiary level.
- Provides training programs for professionals in law enforcement, immigration, media, civil society, academic institutions, and the health sector on various aspects of human trafficking.